THE GREAT COMMISSION (Matt. 28:19-20)
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
THE GREAT COMMANDMENT (Matt. 22:37-39)
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Resurrection Lutheran Church meets you where you are on your faith walk with life-transforming experiences that help you mature as a Disciple of Christ.
At Resurrection we encourage individuals to practice growing a balanced Faith Triangle. We have identified three key components of your faith.
Your faith starts with Jesus. We encourage you to worship, pray, and study scripture as ways to grow closer to Him.
As Christians we are called to be in community with one another. We encourage you to join a Journey Group where the UP, IN, and OUT happens in one place.
Jesus calls us to be His hands and feet. Whether it’s serving in the church, the local community, or out in the world, learning about your spiritual gifts and using them as God has called you to, will cause you to grow in your faith immensely.
- There is one eternally, co-existing Triune God; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God’s Son, Jesus Christ, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died on the cross as a sacrifice for the sin of humanity. His resurrection offers redemption and salvation for all who believe.
- Prayer is a dynamic gift to access the power of God through His Holy Spirit.
- All people matter to God so all people matter to us.
- God expects us to grow and mature as new creations in Christ.
- We believe everyone has a place and is needed in the Kingdom of God.
- We are a part of and responsible to the greater worldwide Christian Church.
- The Bible is the Word of God and the norming authority for faith and life.
- We believe in and practice the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Communion as means of grace.
- Jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead.
Resurrection is a part of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). Click here to view their Statement of Faith.